Codebearers

Wow...I haven't made one of these in ages...

Speaking of that, I could be wrong, but it seems to me that this site isn't used that much.  Though I'm REALLY glad it hasn't been deleted!  It's so fun to look back at all these different things we've done and people we've "met".  The stories told, the games played--it was great!

Now, I would like to hear your memories on Codebearers.  What are some things that still stick with you?

Also, I'm curious; what do you guys think happened to this site?  Why isn't it more active?  What do you guys think would revive it, if it can be revived?

Views: 432

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I KNOW RIGHT :D

Also, AHHH!!!  (That was an excited squeal)  Hi!!  I remember you!  So good to hear from you again!  How are you?

I'm doing pretty decent haha

Good to hear! :D

Also, I did see your response about the podcast.  I just can't reply to that specific message for some reason...

Replies are maxed out on it lol. You could reply to the comment before it

True!  Though, we're already talking about it here, sooo....

Fair enough haha

OMG SO MANY MEMORIES!!! Literally the main reason I'm on here is for the RPGs and to keep in touch with some people I met on here. I was on the old site only for the games and got stuck and then when I rejoined it was to find those games again and then realized the site had been changed and the games are gone :(.

But anyways, it's been like six or seven years since I joined. I was in middle school at that point and now I'm in college as a Business major. So much time has passed! I have laughed. I have helped create stories that turned into epic tales. I have cried over things on this site. (Mainly Zhadow killing beloved characters suddenly and without warning.) I love the creativity that has come out of this site. And this was such a great site when it was in its prime. 

The site started to die because of several things. One, the popularity of the books died. I love the books! I once spent a whole 24 hours just reading the third one because I was obsessed! But books aren't as popular anymore. Social media and access to the internet has made physical, tangible items like books obsolete. Two, awhile back there was basically a feud on the site. I'm not sure what triggered it or what happened because I avoided it and didn't and still don't post on forums that frequently. But I avoided the forums even more for that particular reason. Every other post that came up in recent posts had something to do with people getting into an argument. And now it seems it's done so there's no need to bring up what the fights were about. But it drove even me away. I was on here for just the rpgs I was in at that point. And three, unless the Miller Bros can get a substantial amount of funds to finish the Continuum book and run a huge marketing campaign such as social media ads (insta, youtube, spotify, etc.) I don't think this will regain the popularity it once had. 

BUT SO MANY MEMORIES WITH THIS SITE!!!! 

On. Le. Nose.

7 years. It's been 7 years. I feel old now. I was 12. 

Also I minor in marketing and just finished an intro to marketing class this last semester and basically, things that can continue to keep up with demand and keep themselves in the public eye, they can go on for years. Things like books are also really hard to keep popular. So they can die out quickly. There's a thing in marketing that's basically the popularity of the product. Most products end up hitting a mature stage where they stop growing and stop dying. There are very few things that remain constantly popular or bought (Post-its for example. The name is so well known they aren't actually post-its but the brand is and the brand is associated to the product).

I was 12 too haha. It's wild thinking I've been on the site so long. I had to think about my age cause I turned 13 later that year.

Oh marketing. What an interesting beast. I'm going to school for broadcasting but my focus is with my video production job.

I had just turned 12 like a couple months earlier when I joined lol. We were babies! Such little people!

I learn to manipulate people's views on people. Lol Not really. More like learning how to make a product more appealing for a specific market by literally googling everything. Broadcasting is so cool! I love the creative aspects that go into things like that. I admire people who can do it well. Because I can not lol

Don't forget cringe haha

I have my own company as well and we are working on several pieces of narrative content.

RSS

© 2020   Created by Christopher Miller.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service