Codebearers

January 2017 edit: 

I... miss these days?

November 2014 edit:

Man, this post is perfect.

Is anyone still around from the "Golden Age" of Codebearers?

Back when the RPGs were quality..

...and some of us were obsessed with them.

Back when Mike tried... and failed.. to train quality RPs?

When exclusive RPGs were all the rage...

...and when drama ran rampant among the "cool kids"?

When Bladebearer was everyone's big sister...

...and everyone made a big deal with every time Mike decided to leave... and come back. 

When we thought we tried to build quality relationships online...

When I almost got banned.

When Andy always got banned.

Remember that?

In a way, I'm sad I grew out of this site. 

Some of my best and worst memories of "tweenhood" happened here.

But now, I'm old. A lot of us are. We have "real" lives, and can no longer escape them like we used to.

It's bittersweet. 

Views: 820

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yup. Only difference now is that I'm procrastinating college instead of high school. 

Sup Blade?

Well why don't you start up an RPG to aid in your procrastination? Someone needs to bring everyone back together, who better than the Dark Lord himself?

Because last time I tried to do that it failed miserably. Because people don't like it when I tell them what they're doing wrong. Which is what I have to do because they're doing it wrong. 

And, sidenote, ain't nobody got time for that!

It failed miserably because you executed one of the players.

And as far as I am concerned, it's not the fact that you were telling ppl they were roleplaying wrong, it's how you say it. If you put it across as 'pointers' and 'tips' in a positive manner, it might be taken better.

And I do, I'm staying home this year. Who knows, you might get a good turnout..

Did I do that? Yeah, I probably did.

Either way, I don't do nice. Nice is boring and takes time and is basically just massaging egos that have no right to be as big as they are. It's kinda my new life philosophy. Well, not new, I guess, since I was doing it back then too...I guess something things haven't changed. 

If you wanna though, I'll do another game. I don't have any ideas for a game at the moment, however, so that part would be up to somebody else.

Yeah, you did and I'm still bitter XP lol jk...

sort of.

Well at least we can rely on you telling us how it is.

I'd like to think my writing has improved... I'm sure you'll let me know if it hasn't.

You should. Or, I guess I could help some... If your into collaboration. Or I could just give feedback X) 

I totally forgot about that.  Or that it was you, anyway.  Probably because of the avvy change. 

Anyhow, you're the Canadian, you're supposed to be the nice one. Embrace the stereotype!  Because Tanwen totally didn't...and if I remembered her real name I would blab it here just to tick her off... :P

As for the games, I will play in one, sure. I can do collaboration, sure. Like I said though, I have no ideas, I would, however, be happy to provide input on any ideas provided.  I'd totally bring back Dark and Light the second part because I just re-read some of that thread and remembered there actually was a second part, but I don't really wanna. :P

...Yeah, it was me. Oh yeah I did, I don't even remember what pic it was to change it back :/

Oh I do embrace it, I am nice (:

...Americans on the other hand... 

I know her real name, ..we used to be friends

I think to start it should be a fresh, new idea. Perhaps there will be a want for D&L part 2 later on.

K A R to an I and S, followed by a D A N and something like a well. It's interesting though, because all attempts of contact to her are completely denied. Almost like...we upset her or something... hue.

This is account number... six, if we count the old site. 

I try not to go to the RP section, I don't want to cry at how poor it is and know that it's still better than I can do.

Ah yes!  That was it, wasn't it?  But really, us?  Upset her?  No way!

Six?  I'm pretty sure that some kind of record. 

Hah!  It's okay, buddy, we're here for you.

1. How did you find my name (I don't remember telling you...)

2. What contact? Were you emailing me? *looks through 1200 unread email on old email account*

Nah. Was booking on your face.

RSS

© 2020   Created by Christopher Miller.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service