Silver Phoenix has returned with another one of her stories. :P

For those of you who don't know, I started this RPG over a year ago called The F.B.S which stands for Fantasy Boarding School. I just decided to turn it into a story and started writing it today (Oct 30). So far it's going really well and I hope the people that are/were in the RPG enjoy reading about their characters. Though keep in mind that if some characters weren't very important to the plot or didn't post very much, I'm taking them out. They might be mentioned briefly but then leave the story afterwards. I'm planning to turn the RPG into a trilogy if I can so I'll try my best to split it into three parts.

Enjoy!

Pictures:

Kaenger:

Celeste:

Kay:

Nator:

Trenna:

Kirien:

Maya:

Dominic:

Blake:

Mr. Dodger:

Ms. Sarkatta Klure: No picture yet

Sahara:

Lia & Tia:

Zach: No picture yet.

Views: 1614

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Can't Alom just leave Kaenger alone for a little bit? He's quite intrusive. :-|

Waaahhh!!! XD It's been sooo long! <3 

This Rpg was like, amazing X3

Finally started catching up, after much procrastination.
I had forgotten what an excellent writer you are.

Thank you! :) I'll try to have the next chapter up soon.

--Chapter 40--

Kirien, Maya, and Kay found their way to Ms. Klure office shortly after Mr. Dodger’s class was released. They each arrived at nearly the same time and Ms. Klure sat waiting for them patiently as they entered.

“Right on time.” She said with a smile. “Good. I have a small task for you three. I cannot say how difficult it will be because honestly, I am unsure. Kay and Kirien already know of the tunnel in the late, correct?”

Maya nodded.

“Almost everyone at school knows of it now. You know how news travels.” She said, glancing out the window in the direction of the lake.

Principal Klure nodded absentmindedly.

“Well this shouldn’t take too long. Maya, I want you to take Kay and Kirien down to the tunnel. Kay, you have a vast knowledge of different types of magic so I want you to gather what you can from the tunnel. Kirien, your job is to tell me the moment you learn something. If you are all find with it, I would like you to start right away. This tunnel is posing a threat to our security so I would like it taken care of as soon as possible.”

They all nodded and agreed to start out at once. Ms. Klure told them she would have their dinner sent to their rooms if they missed the meal.

“Oh, and you’ll need this. I took the liberty of collecting it from Sahara for you.” She said, handing the gold medallion to Maya. “I trust you still have the silver one?”

Maya nodded and withdrew the silver medallion from under her shirt.

“Good. You can begin now. Be careful.”

They all thanked her and then excitedly headed into the forest. Maya was itching to get in the water and almost ran in the direction of the lake. Nator bounded up to Kay and trotted at his heels as they walked calmly through the trees. Kirien was also rather excited and kept in toe with Maya.

“Finally I get to go on an adventure. You’ve been having all sorts of fun without me.” Kirien said playfully to Maya.

Maya laughed.

“Well if I run into anything exciting, I’ll be sure to drag you along.” She said with a grin.

They reached the lake as the sun slowly slipped behind the horizon and the brilliant colors seemed to light up the water like fire. Maya gazed at the water with an odd awe and adoration.

“Isn’t it gorgeous?” She breathed softly, reaching down and touching the surface of the water as light as a feather and only creating the tiniest of ripples. “Who could resist something like this?”

Kirien was glowing with excitement and nodded in agreement with Maya, bending down near the surface. Then a streak of doubt slipped over her face.

“Nothing lives down there right?” She asked.

Kay had already dived into the colorful water without hesitation.

“Nothing that’s dangerous.” Maya said. “Don’t worry Kirien. I’m friends with the animals down there.”

Kirien took a deep breath and nodded, taking off her shoes.

“I don’t go swimming that often. Not many wood elves do.” She said, touching her foot to the water.

Maya fearlessly slid into the water and her tail formed instantly. Kay’s head bobbed up a small was away from the shore, waiting for them. Kirien let out a sigh and then jumped into the water. Nator lay down on the grass and watched as they all vanished under the water. Maya lead Kirien and Kay down to the entrance of the tunnel and wasted no time in opening it with the medallions. As they swam inside Maya glanced around and shivered.

“It’s kind of spooky when it’s this dark.” She said.

Forming small bubbles of air, she instructed Kirien and Kay to suck them in to get more air. Kay swam over to the edge of the tunnel and studied it carefully, before extending his hand and touching it. Once his hand touched it, he jerked back as if in pain.

“What’s wrong?” Maya asked, concerned.

Kay couldn’t respond underwater and he carefully extended his hand again. Very slowly he touched the wall with his fingertips and then carefully placed is hand on the wall, taking his time. Closing his eyes and concentrating, he remained motionless for a few minutes before quickly yanking his hand back and motioning for them to get back to the surface. To save time, Maya took their wrists and swam up to the surface swiftly. Kirien gratefully sucked in the fresh air and shivered slightly, swimming over to the shore.

“Well that was creepy. What’d you discover Kay?” She asked, glancing over at him while setting herself onto the solid ground.

Kay also reached the shore and pulled himself out with one hand.

“There were two people that made it, not just one.” He said softly. “And they both were using dark magic to form it. Also it wasn’t made to long ago.”

Kirien frowned slightly, thinking.

“I don’t know much about magic, but it doesn’t seem like it would be easy to make and underwater cave.”

Kay nodded in agreement.

“It’s a very difficult task and I doubt a number of teachers here wouldn’t be able to do it.” He said.

“How long ago do you think it was made?” Maya asked, remaining in the water.

“At most; seven days ago.” Kay said, glancing down at the hand that had touched the wall. “It might have been sooner judging by the strength of the magic still hanging around.”

The skin on his hand was burned and bleeding badly. Kirien gasped when she saw it and Maya quickly got out of the water.

“You need to get to the healer.” She said.

Kay nodded slightly and stood up. Kirien closed her eyes and concentrated, contacting Ms. Klure. Using every little detail she could, she told the Principal everything they discovered.

“Kay’s hand was injured while in the tunnel and it looks pretty bad. Can you have Learal ready when we get back?” Kirien added.

“Of course.” Ms. Klure replied. “You all did very well.”

Kirien opened her eyes and got up. Maya briefly removed the water from their clothes so they were dry and they headed back through the forest quickly. When they arrived back at the school, Kay assured them that he would have no trouble reaching the healer’s office and they reluctantly nodded, heading to the cafeteria to get some dinner. Learal had already set out a number of lotions, ointments and bandages for him when he got there and Kay sat down in a chair. Nator had followed him back to the school and sat down beside him, nudging his good hand. Kay patted the wolf’s head and watched as Learal worked on his hand. There were a few minutes of silence.

“What caused this?” She asked, seeming a little concerned.

“Dark magic.” Kay muttered. “It didn’t want to be detected.”

Learal nodded slightly, already hearing from Ms. Klure what they had done.

“Well you’re very lucky, Kay. A few more seconds and you might have lost your hand.” She said, very gently bandaging it. “Dark magic is not something to be taken lightly. Your hand should heal with time but in the meantime, avoid using it. It’ll ache, sting, and hurt occasionally but you’ll have to just ignore it.” She said, finishing. “Now got get some dinner before you miss it.”

Kay nodded and left the room with Nator following loyally behind him.

Blah. Eye-strain, the arch-enemy of all online stories. x_x
And I was so close to catching up too…

Who could have done this?!? ;P

I really miss this RPG... I think it was one of my first ones. (The Escapees being the first) but I am really glad you are making it into a book :)

I really miss it too... It brings back so many memories as I write it. :)

Reading this brings back some memories for me too, even though I wasn't in this RPG. . . All of them embarrassing.
I was such a noob. XP

I'm pretty sure we were all noobs. :P

--Chapter 41--

Morning came and shone through the trees and windows around the grounds. Celeste groaned as the sunlight hit her eyes and woke up slowly. Sitting up, she realized that she was not in her bed but by the lake outside. She came to the conclusion that she had fallen asleep while mediating last night. As she began gathering up her things, she used her powers to draw the morning dew out of her books and clothes and slowly went over what had happened last night. She vaguely remembered have a nightmare but nothing that she remembered made sense. A dark tunnel. A lion made of darkness. A bleeding hand. Her empathic abilities must have picked up these things from other people and mixed them together when she slept. Thinking about carefully, she headed back to the girls’ dorm. After quietly putting her things away in her room, she headed down to breakfast and noted that for once she was one of the first ones to arrive.

To her surprise, she noticed that Kaenger was not there yet. As she got in line however, Kaenger came in. He did not join the line for food but sat down at a table and stared out the window distantly. It would be a little nosy to ask him what was distracting him, so she let it go and sat at a table near the center of the room when she had gotten her food. Students began to trickle in steadily and soon the room was rather full. Celeste saw Kirien as she came in and hurriedly got in line. She smiled as she realized that this was the first time Kirien had been late for the first time. As expected, Kirien came over and smiled at Celeste.

“May I sit with you, Celeste?” She asked.

“Of course,” Celeste smiled. “So, what’s been happening? I haven’t had a chance to catch up on everyone’s adventures since the last time Alom showed up.”

A slight shiver ran through her at the memory and she glanced over to Kaenger who had been joined by Kay and Zach.

“I’m afraid I don’t know what’s been happening either.” Kirien said as she sat down. “Aside from the system of underwater tunnels that were found under the school ground and that someone made the tunnels, but I have a feeling we’re in for more excitement.”

“Not life-threatening I hope.” Maya said walking over. “Sorry I couldn’t help but overhear.”

Maya sat down across from them.

“It’s good to see you Maya, it seems like we haven’t talked in quite a while.” Celeste said smiling warmly.

“Yeah. You missed the fun underwater adventure.”

“Sounds like something you would enjoy.”

Maya laughed.

--

Kay had been having a bit of trouble eating breakfast with only one hand. It had been his left hand that had been injured and that was his dominate hand so everyday tasks were now much harder. He had already explained to Kaenger and Zach what had happened and they both seemed a little unnerved about what they had learned tunnel. Kaenger looked a little sick after he’d explained it and pushed his food away.

“Things just keep getting better every day.” He muttered.

Kaenger absentmindedly rubbed his ribs; they were no longer sore but in the back of his head he could still feel the ache. Zach spied the rejected plate and gave Kaenger a reproachful look.

“Again? I’ve lost count how many times you’ve skipped meals.”

“Don’t start.” Kaenger said, mildly annoyed.

“Something bothering you still?”

Kaenger hesitated, his gaze following a fly as it crawled along the window.

“I’ll tell you later.” He finally replied, getting up.

Zach only watched as Kaenger dumped the food and left the room.

“He’s never going to tell me, is he?” He mumbled, picking at his own food.

“Not if you keep asking about it.” Kay said, wincing as he tested how well he could move his fingers. “But then again, if you don’t keep asking him about it, he might never bring it up again.”

Zach rolled his eyes and quickly finished up his food.

--

Kaenger had already reached English class by the time Zach and Kay arrived. Kay didn’t say anything and took his seat at the opposite end of the room but Zach sat beside Kaenger and crossed his arms, waiting for an explanation. Only a handful of studies had come in and they were preoccupied with their own business so Kaenger let out a long breath.

“I saw Alom again.” He said softly.

Zach started but Kaenger shot him a glare, not wanting anyone to listen in.

“Where?” Zach asked, keeping his voice down.

“In my room…he didn’t do anything other than make things even more confusing.”

“Weird...” Zach said more than a little unnerved. “How did he get in there?”

“It’s Alom we’re talking about; a locked door or window doesn’t stop him. He probably just teleported in there.”

“…so that means he can get in there any time he wants?”

Kaenger didn’t answer. He’d been trying not to think of that question. Zach saw that the conversation was over and reluctantly dropped the topic for now, leaning back in his chair as the other students came in. The rest of the day passed by with no incident and Kaenger was relieved to have a normal day for once, even if it was a little boring.

--

Lunch began and Angelica sat at her regular table with Tia, Lia, Dillan, Trenna, and Sahara.

“I feel like we’re missing out on something.” Lia was saying.

“What do you mean?” Dillan asked with a mouthful of salad.

Trenna made a disgusted face and Dillan grinned.

“I mean, no monsters, mysterious figures, or injuries have happened at all this morning.”

“Lia, it’s only been a few hours.” Sahara said, with a small chuckle. “Besides, the peace is nice for a change.”

“But we don’t have anything to talk about. We’ve already discussed the tunnel Kay, Kirien, and Maya found as well.” Lia said.

“We could always talk about gossip and rumors like humans do at their normal schools.” Trenna said with a smile.

“How?” Lia asked, her ears twitching slightly.

“For example, Alex and Celis have been seeing a lot of each other lately.” Trenna said.

Sahara thoughtfully glanced over at the table where the two were sitting.

“You’re right.”

“Oh come on…let’s not go there please.” Dillan groaned, but they ignored him.

“Celis is always acting rather friendly around him.” Trenna said.

“Celis is friendly to everyone.” Dillan muttered. “That’s why she’s the dorm stewardess.”

“Dillan has a point.” Tia said softly.

“Then maybe it’s just Alex that has feelings for her.” Lia giggled. “I can definitely see it.”

“I’d prefer to talk about monsters and attacks on the school than this.” Dillan said.

They all joined in a round of laughter at Dillan’s despair.

RSS

© 2021   Created by Christopher Miller.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service