So this is Feeling Alive. I will most likely change the name...

I'm not quiet sure how this is going to work out so if you've read any of my other books you may have noticed I tend to write some gory scenes and some romantic. Just warning you case you can't take that sort of thing. ;)

I'm still looking for a main pic...

Prologue

I lay on the floor of a cold, damp, dark, room. I had been asleep for a long time and yet nothing made sense and I understood nothing.

Footsteps, a door opening, light…. It’s so strange… so beautiful…

A tall man looks over me, but I can’t see his face from the brilliance of the gray light. “You waken.” He said, sounding slightly surprised. “Do you feel anything?”

“Feel?” I wonder trying to make sense of the simple word. I struggle with the word a moment and it slowly came to me. “I feel nothing…”

The man nodded. “I didn’t think you would.”

Words lay waiting on my lips wishing to spill, but I wouldn’t let them. I didn’t understand them or anything for that matter. Who I was, where… why. I mulled over the words the emptiness in my mind, but it was so difficult and making my head hurt.

The man sensed my discomfort.  “Rest.” He told me. “You will feel well later.”

Darkness began to consume me again and I was forced to comply. Watching through my droopy eyelids as the door slowly shut and the beautiful gray light left with the man. I didn’t understand anything and it bugged me, but it was too late to think about that any further as everything was almost completely black again. Suddenly something I understood popped into my mind.

I exist…

There's the prologue! If your wondering the speaker is a boy and that's about all I can tell you.

Characters: (note: I update this with each chapter I post, this may be a spoiler if you have not yet caught up.)

(from prologue)

(I haven't decided for sure, but I think I will use this pic for him.)

Name: Than

Personality: Doesn't remember anything about anything, has very little emotions, learned he is a robot.

(with green eyes)

Name: Alexandria Parkinson (Lexie)

Personality: Peace Keeper, kind and gental. Perfectionist. 

(with black hair)

Name: Randy 

Personality: Has a lot of secrets he keeps to himself. Likes to tease girls. 

Name: Natalie Littlewoods

Personality: Drama Queen, Rich, Fashionista. 

(With shorter and darker hair)

Name: Megan Carter

Personality: Tom boy, sporty, can be viscous when it comes to protecting her friends, laid-back. 

(from the boys side of the story)

Name: Mrs Crimson

Personality: Gets angry easy. Created Than.

Heres the school outfits.

Name: Mr. Helt

Personality: Calm and thoughtful. He's a writer. Handsome.

(with black hair not blue)

Name: Mrs. Liverpool

Personality: Snaps easily. Hates kids. loves to be nasty

Name: Miss Knitty (nicknamed Miss Nutty)

Personality: An idiot... yep that pretty much sums her up.

(Dark green eyes)

Name: Mina Rhodes

Personality: Dark and mysterious. 

Views: 875

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So I've been working on the next chapter and I will have it up soon! It was difficult to write so I hope I did it well.

My chapters are getting longer. ^^ I'm practising so they can one day be several thousand words instead of just five hundred or so.

Chapter 3: Learning (Boy from prologue)

My eyelids fluttered open and I found myself on a bed in a strange white room. The light was everywhere and I sat up and looked around for the first few moments. The room was white from top to bottom; even the bed and a table with two chairs were the bland white. As I was looking I spotted my hand. Carefully I brought it up to my face and inspected it. It was perfect in every way with not a single blemish and it was also a pale white color. I just stared at my hand unsure of what to do. A door opened and a man walked in wearing a full body suit that was also the boring white. He was also perfect in every way and sat down at the table writing on a clipboard as if I didn’t exist. I knew I existed though, I could feel my existence deep in my very bones.

Finally the man looked up at me. “Come.”

I sat there registering the word. Finally understanding I turned and put my bare feet on the floor. For a moment I paused and stared at them and followed them up to my legs then to my torso. I was wearing the same white clothing the man was.

“Come.” He told me again.

I looked up and began to stand. At first I fell back and had to sit again. My legs didn’t seem to want to work properly. I tried again and managed to stumble to the chair.

“Why?” I asked knowing no other words to explain what I wanted to know.

“It may take time.” The man said.

I positioned myself on the chair still staring at my limbs. Something inside of me was empty… It was like there was another level of feeling that I could not feel.

The man was studying my movements carefully and jotting everything down. “I’m going to ask you some questions.” He said. “Do you know who you are?”

I paused, thinking. Comprehending words was slowly becoming easier and my mind was feeling less foggy and in place it felt empty. “No.” I said.

He wrote my answer down. “Do you remember anything?”

“No.” I answered again.

He wrote this down then began adding more notes forgetting me again.

Slowly I reached a hand for my face where the words I spoke came from. I touched every part of my face quickly finding my mouth, eyes, nose and ears. Most interesting to me was my hair. It came down to my shoulders so I could lift in front of my eyes to look at it. I studied every strand. It was a greyish white.

The man looked up from his clipboard again and noticed me touching my face. He wrote something down then reached into his pocket and pulled something out. “Would you like to see yourself?”

Giving me no time to think the words over he pointed a device at me showing my reflection. I moved and my reflection moved. Carefully I took the device and stared at myself. My face was ghostly pale like the rest of my body and my eyes were gray. The man wrote some more. “How do you feel about yourself?” he asked.

I thought over this carefully, but didn’t know how to answer. “I feel nothing…” I said repeating my first words again.

The man looked at me curiously, but wrote this down as well. “Stand” He ordered.

I shakily got to my feet and managed to stand after a while of straightening myself.

The man got up and walked a ways away. “Come.”  He ordered.

I began walking, growing more confident with each step.

I was given no praise not words of encouragement. The man just jot more words down and left the room.

I stood there blankly unsure of what to do. Finally I began walking back to the bed and I sat down.

The man walked into the room again leading two more men who looked identical to him. They began ordering me around and I followed there every word. Time passed though how much I didn’t know. I was sent back to my bed again. I lay down and watched the beautiful light go off. There was something in the emptiness inside of me. It was very small and I wasn’t sure what it meant, but it had to do something with the light.

The men came in every day and ordered me about. I questioned nothing, but quietly thought it over afterwards. I was given stuff in my room like paper, pencils and what I used the most, colored blocks.

It had been several days since my actual awakening and I was sitting on the floor building an elaborate building. I heard voices outside the door and I enhanced my hearing so I could understand their conversation clearly.

“I wish to see him.” A women’s voice said.

“But Ma’am.” One of the identical men said. “He has only just wakened and is still progressing. So far he is perfect, but not at his full potential and…”

The women interrupted him. Her voice had a tone I had never heard before. “Shut up! I made him, I want to see him.”

I cocked my head. “She made me?” I wondered.

The door opened and a woman entered. She had long bright red hair that flowed in a series of waves down her back. Her eyes were a dark brown, so dark in fact that they almost looked black. She wore a red coat that touched the ground and red lipstick, preferring that color above all the other. She stopped in the doorway staring at me. “Bring black loose clothing in his size.” She ordered a man behind her. “I can’t stand those white clothes on him.”

The man obeyed and left.

The women took a deep breath and sat by me. “Do you know who you are yet?” She asked.

“No.” I answered.

“You are mine.” She told me. “I created you to be like no other creation ever attempted to be made.”

I stared at her blankly.

“What do you feel?” She asked.

I felt confused. “I feel the ground and the block.” I held up the green block I was holding.

She looked frustrated. “Not that kind of feeling, but a feeling inside.”

“Hunger?” I asked unsure of how to answer.

She sighed then held out her hand. “Give me your hand.”

I obeyed and she quickly took it. “What do you feel?” With that she stabbed one of her sharp long fingernails into my hand.

I yelped in pain yanking my hand back.

She had a firm grip and pulled my hand back toward her looking at me hard. “Pain.” She explained. “I gave you pain to learn.”

I winced slightly.

“What do you feel toward me after I gave you pain?” She asked.

I thought carefully. “I feel nothing…” I said.

She snarled and let go of my hand getting her feet and pacing back and forth for a couple moments. “Looks like I have no choice, but to have you terminated.”

Those words hit me hard and I felt pain in the high left of my chest. I touched my chest there and whimpered softly.

She paused looking at me. “What do you feel toward that?”

“Pain.” I whispered. “Here.” I clutched my chest tighter.

She chuckled and bent down again. I looked up to her and noticed she had tears in her eyes. “Good. You’re learning to feel emotions.”

“Emotions.” I whispered testing the word.

She held up a gray block and a red one. “Which do you like better?”

This was something I was starting to understand. Slowly I pointed at the red.

She smiled. “I like that one to.” She got to her feet again. “Learn more emotions, ok?”

I watched as she left.

A man entered and gave me black clothing. “What do feel toward the clothing?” He asked.

I thought about the blocks. “I don’t like it.” I said.

The man said nothing, but turned around and left.

I was left alone again and the more I thought about emotions the more I realized I hated it here

Love it! ^~^

love it!!!!

totally awesome!

Oh good! Have I done his character ok?

i love this character!!!

Yep you did okay! :)

*phew* *wipes sweat away.*

He was difficult to write since he's got very little emotion.

I like it though :)

RSS

© 2021   Created by Christopher Miller.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service