Codebearers

Has anyone ever wondered what God's Will is? I mean, besides everything being good and right and just. I mean the stuff like when someone goes into a surgery and don't know if they'll survive. Or when someone is in a financial situation in which they either sink or swim. Have you ever heard someone pray about that and say "...we pray that your will be done in this matter." and then leave it at that? It kinda feels like that person doesn't really believe that there is any way out of the situation so they kind of just pray that God will handle it and whatever happens, happens. They don't name it and claim it, or use scripture or act like God will perform a miracle. What IS God's will about those kinds of matters?

We recite Matthew 6:9-13 in church a LOT

Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

10 Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

11 Give us this day our daily bread.

12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.

13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

We so it so much that we don't really pay attention to what it's saying anymore. We know that this is how we're supposed to pray, but what does that prayer mean? Well, the answer to our question above is in that prayer.

"Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven."

God's will is in Heaven already. His initial plan was for the earth to be just like heaven. Heaven has God's will flowing all throughout it.

Death and sickness is not in heaven - death and sickness is never God's will for someone

Poverty is not in heaven - it is not God's will for people to ever be poor.

Darkness is not in heaven - it is not God's will for anyone to be in the darkness

What do you think?

Views: 119

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think your very right.  I'm a christian to.  My dad is actually a pastor.  Keep doing what your doing.

Unkown

I have a few questions. Does that mean we go against Gods will when we are sick or hurt? Are the sick sinning for being sick? I agree, but we must test each other in our theory's.       

Job was sick and hurt for a time, but it wasn't for anything that he did.  God allowed him to suffer to prove a point to Satan, but Job wasn't ill or suffering because of anything that he had done.

There's this thing called the Devil's idea of what should be. If we get sick, the Devil could just be attacking us. That's an actual thing. People tend to forget that part for some reason.

God's will, is for us to be holy. And by that he refines us. I understand where your coming from but I also disagree. If Death and sickeness is NEVER for anyone then why did Jesus make Paul blind for a short while? And when Paul asked for his "thorn to be taken out of my flesh* he was denied many times because "through your weakness I am stronger" Was it God's will for Paul to have the thorn in his flesh? But through it all Paul brought people to Christ through his thorn. When you have something hurting you and you share with others how even though your heart is breaking, even though you have a thorn in your flesh, and you still praise Jesus. People will see that and relate with their brokenness, and see that you in your brokenness have faith and a hope. And they'll want that hope. God's will isn't about our ideas of happiness but about holiness. He calls us to take up our crosses. He calls us to give up everything and to live a life of "poverty". I agree that his initial will was for us in the beginning was to not have any of those things. Death, Sickness, Poverty, and Darkness.  But it gets tricky when people turn to the sick, hurt and needy and say," this isn't God's will for you let us pray for God's perfect will to be done" and expecting them to be fully healed. Then if they don't get healed, there must be something wrong with the person. That is so totally wrong.  The cross happened. Was it God's will for Jesus the perfect son of God to be tortured and crucified for the world. If death isn't God's will If you take it that far then  it wasn't God's will for Jesus to die. That is very wrong. I know that's not what you were saying at all! And that is really extreme. I don't want to put words in your mouth that are definitely not there. But if you take that theology down that path this is where it leads to. What do you think?

"Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy" 

I've in a lot of situations where I don't know Gods will. Right now is one of them. I want to teach again, but not in a public setting. Public education in North Carolina is in a downward spiral since the government is breathing down the systems neck. We didn't test enough kids last year. Our grades our dropping. More kids go on to the next grade knowing nothing from the previous one. It's a disaster! Teachers have no support. No real guidance. There is no discipline. The thought of going back to work for a principal like the one who bullied me and encouraged others to do the same almost brings me to tears to this day! I feel that I need to go for higher education or college level stuff. I ask for Gods will be done, but I don't leave it at that. I pray. I look for opportunities. I read devotions. It's hard to know what to do at times. I remember crying in my hospital room feeling abandoned by God because I was here all alone with creepy guys hitting on me. Still don't know his will completely, but life is better. I should be working as a tutor soon at the local college. I've made a new guy friend who like likes me. I've taken up old hobbies that I didn't have time for before. It's getting better and I thank God for it.

RSS

© 2020   Created by Christopher Miller.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service