Codebearers

I know Christians ain't his biggest fans, but I'm still wondering if there's anyone here who reads him.

Views: 405

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Heh, I guess that is an old term... Enthusiastic, there we go. :)

I like gung-ho...  It's my favorite episode from Gilligan's Island.

Getting back to HP, didja ever suspect the real bad guy? (trying not to give spoilers...)

No, I did not. I was reading it pretty casually, going 'Oh, Snape's strict... I like him. Random nervous teacher with a turban... o_O Why are you wearing a turban?' I was pretty surprised at the end, though.
Hehe.  Be warned that JK does that in books one through four.  I liked trying to guess who was really the bad guy.  I was always wrong.
Yep, she's very good at pulling the rug out from under you
Agweed.

Harry Potter is a series of seven fantasy novels written by the British author J. K. Rowling. The books chronicle the adventures of the adolescent wizard Harry Potter and his best friends Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger, all of whom are students at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. The main story arc concerns Harry's quandary involving the evil wizard Lord Voldemort, who killed Harry's parents in his quest to conquer the wizarding world and subjugate non-magical people (Muggles).

Since the June 30, 1997 release of the first novel Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, (retitled Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone in the United States) the books have gained immense popularity, critical acclaim and commercial success worldwide.[1] The series has also had some share of criticism, including concern for the increasingly dark tone. As of June 2008, the book series has sold more than 400 million copies and has been translated into 67 languages,[2][3] and the last four books have consecutively set records as the fastest-selling books in history.

A series of many genres, including fantasy and coming of age, it has many cultural meanings and references.[4][5][6][7] According to Rowling, the main theme is death,[8] although it is primarily considered to be a work of children's literature. There are also many other themes in the series, such as love and prejudice.[9]

English-language versions of the books are published by Bloomsbury in the United Kingdom, Scholastic Press in the United States, Allen & Unwin in Australia, and Raincoast Books in Canada. Through 2010, the first six books have been made into films by Warner Brothers; it is the highest grossing film series of all time. The seventh book is being made into two movies which are currently scheduled to be released nearly eight months apart: Part I on November 19, 2010 and the series finale on July 15, 2011.[10] The series also originated much tie-in merchandise, making the Harry Potter brand worth $24 billion.[11]

Wow Brook.
You must really like Harry Potter.
I've read them, and enjoyed them. I especially love the ending of the seventh book, even though there's some sad things. I like how Harry won, that he didn't use an Unforgivable curse.
The way he won was kinda far out, but it made sense...I guess...
I love Harry potter! Especially the books.

RSS

© 2019   Created by Christopher Miller.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service