Codebearers

Title = Great News

It has now become a subscription service compatible with Netflix, Amazon and many other video streaming programs.

Views: 133

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

YOU don't make any sense.

you said  "Yes filtering should be allowed but at the same time why do we even need it? If you're going to watch an R rated movie, don't want it with your kids around. If you're worried about a PG-13 title, watch it before subjecting those in your care to it. Filtering hurts the way the film is meant to be seen." and I agree with that.

While filtering can alter (sometimes detrimentally) the way a film is meant to be seen, I disagree about it being pointless. Nowadays it seems that there is so much unnecessary sexual content and profanity in movies, content that often does very little for plot or setting of the movie, and without which the movie would be just fine. Art and censorship have always had a tumultuous relationship, but I think it's important to allow people options to guard their families form content they consider harmful or inappropriate, without having to give up media altogether.

With all respect, Zhadow, it's not always as easy "If you're going to watch an R rated movie, don't want it with your kids around", because the content is so pervasive, that even seemingly "harmless" movies and shows can slip in sexual innuendos or scenes, or profanity that some do not consider "strong language", but others may consider highly inappropriate for their children.

For me personally, I find that the more I hear inappropriate language around me and on tv/movies, the more tempting use of those words can be, even though I rationally find such language undesirable, there comes a subconscious instinct to use it. PG 13 violence rarely affects me, but PG 13 language often does, so filtering my movie choices by film ratings, doesn't help much.

I haven't used VidAngel yet, but I appreciate the option it provides.

Also, as for: "Filtering hurts the way the film is meant to be seen", Movies are edited for time and content when played on television all the time, so I'm not sure why VidAngel and Sony should be sued, but not ABC Family...

"Also, as for: "Filtering hurts the way the film is meant to be seen", Movies are edited for time and content when played on television all the time, so I'm not sure why VidAngel and Sony should be sued, but not ABC Family..."

Films are edited for TV due to there being a different rating system.

RSS

© 2017   Created by Christopher Miller.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service