Codebearers

Ever wondered what the real role of a Christian should be like, or maybe what the true meaning of the Great Commission that Jesus gave his Disciples really is? Well I was just recently shown this video by my parents and I think this nails it right on the head. I thought, ‘why not share it with others?’ so that’s the reason why I created this discussion. For all of you guys to see it too!!!! It’s sad that a lot of today’s Christians don’t really even know what it is to be a TRUE Christian. I’m not sure I really even understand that yet, and I don’t think anyone else will… without God’s help of course. Most people think that a Christian is just someone who is a good person: they don’t swear, (no one should do that anyways) they treat others right; they don’t lie, steal, cheat, or do other bad things (most of the time). Well maybe it’s time to reexamine ourselves and see what God’s definition of a true Christian is.

The fact is, God wants people to know that they are sinners. I don’t care who you are, everyone has sinned and come short of the glory of God in some way. Even if all you’ve done is told a little white lie. In God’s book, that brands you a sinner. The Bible says that we must be perfect and without blemish to go to Heaven. Now we all know that we could never achieve the goal of being perfect even if we tried. It’s impossible! But now here’s where you go back to the scripture. In John 3:16 it says ‘For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever shall believe in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life.’ Jesus Christ, our Lord paid the penalty for our sins on that cross at Calvary, now it’s our job to believe in him and let him guide us down the path of righteousness. With him, the impossible, is now suddenly made the possible. By trusting in God and giving him our lives, we take on his image: his love, compassion, mercy, forgiveness.....his perfectness.  Therefore, that makes us perfect in Christ, making a way to heaven for us. All we simply have to do is say ‘Jesus I accept you into my heart and give you my life’ then watch him do his wonders.

Whew! That was a lot to say. Anyways here's the video and the link for those of you who want it.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5MJ7ypuhgY&feature=related :) I hope you guys find this inspiring as well. Enjoy! 

Views: 146

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

awesome!!!

Amazing!

Thank you for sharing this!

..............Very well made video.

Does not go along with my beliefs all the way, though.

What do you not agree with?

im curious.... 

I'm curious too.

xD

Awesome

RSS

© 2020   Created by Christopher Miller.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service