Only on topic RPG posts here please. 

The 4:30 plane from New York to England is boarding in 20 minutes. Passengers from all walks of life will be boarding, from the young and weak to the old and wise. Security seems tenser than usual, and there is a general feeling of unrest in the air. Visually, everything seems normal, yet there is something wrong, but no one trusts their instincts enough to skip the flight. A decision they will soon regret.

***********************************************************************************************************************

A slender red haired women stood in the front of the mirror in the staff women's washroom in the airport, one hand pressed against her ear, the other adjusting the sleeve of her uniform to cover her tattoo, a basic sketch of a human eye with a gear in the middle instead of a pupil. "Yes, I understand, sir", she hissed into her shirt collar. She reached into her purse and pulled out a blonde wig. Sighing anxiously, she slipped it over her own hair.  "Don't worry, Operation GuineaPig is in action. Everything is going as planned. Devastation Island will have its new inhabitants by 1900." Reaching into her purse once again, she fished through the compact weapons and communication devices for her crimson lipstick. Smiley devilishly, she flipped the switch on her mic. "I guarantee it".       

Views: 2970

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

The bodies of the people shooting behind them could not be seen, they were like invisible ghosts. Despite the fact they couldn't be seen, it was easy to assume their position by how much noise they were making. Nile covered her head as she ran, expecting the others to do the same. Finally, they came to what looked at first to be the side of a mountain, but slowly the rock face moved to reveal a doorway. Nile waved the teens into the door urgently, not entering herself until all the others were inside. There was a moment of eerie darkness as the sounds of their followers came near the cave. There was yelling in multiple languages, then the sound of thundering footsteps racing passed the hide-out. Nile breathed a sigh of relief before lighting a single torch and placing it in a holder on the wall. The torch cast just enough light to see every bodies' general outline, and to cast a small amount of light on all their stunned faces.

"We have about one hour before we have to leave this place at risk of being caught, and that means one hour only for you all to ask any questions you have. I'll answer anything."  

It all happened so fast for Lisa. Her heart was pounding in her chest. She could feel the nervousness of the other teens. Then in a split second, they were gone. Lisa ran to catch up with everyone. She started to gasp for air, but she did not realize it. Her palms were sweating. She wasn't about to be left behind. She started to panic. What if she was left behind? What would become of her.Suddenly, there was someone in front of her. She caught up to everyone. Now, due to her running and lack of rest, she wasn't in the best mood. The stress of being away from her family was just getting worse and worse. Her hair was wet with sweat. She was just about ready to snap. 

"Then spill everything!" Raven spat through gritted teeth. "That way we cover all bases for everyone."

Nile smiled. "If you say so, but you may want to sit down." She paused for a moment before continuing, collecting her thoughts. "Years ago, the F.B.I. was contacted in connection with suspicious crash landings in a particular part of the Atlantic Ocean. A small aircraft was sent out, containing only 8 people. This plane, like the others, crash landed over one certain part of the ocean, where from above, there was nothing suspicious. However, somehow hidden from human sight from above, there was a tropical island. This group of agents discovered on the island one sign of human life, a half-mad terrorist. This man was not only crazy, but brilliant. He had created, by means I won't get into know, a technology that could successfully mimic animal behavior, yet could be controlled by remote and programs. I won't go in to detail, but these agents somehow managed to eliminate this man and take control of the technology. As the technology's uses increased, so did the number of people on the island. Other organizations were sent looking for those who were lost, only to be lost to the same fate. Those who agreed to the terms began to work with the group, who took on the name Creation, to help further advance the technology. Those who didn't agree were... removed from the situation. Unfortunately, not everyone had the same plans for their new-found power. Some began to speak of using it for wealth and power, despite the original intentions. So it was, that two groups split up, each taking half the research with them. With this, they were also each given control of something else, something that controlled even more power than the technology. This was the power to control who went to and from the island through the use of something that you may recognize as a 'force field'. One side, now called Devastation, was given the outer layer of the field, and the inner layer was given to Creation. Devastation was able to use this to their own advantage though. Using various robotic means, they would crash planes right within the outer layer. They knew that without access to the inner layer, these people would surely drown and Creation, being the more soft-hearted people of the two, would have no choice but let them in. Once Devastation had enough workers though, they moved into bringing people to the island as 'guinea pigs' of sorts. They needed to know what people would do when faced with the robots. And that, is why you all were brought here. They purposely kept you all alive to experiment on. Fortunately, Creation and as well as the Tribe of Litenby had other plans." 

Nile paused of a moment to pass around a canteen of water. Talon shot a comforting look at Ying. Then, Nile continued.

"Before you ask, I'll explain my part in all this. I have been on this island for what seems like centuries. It would take a book..." she paused and smiled thoughtfully to herself for a moment, "It would take an entire novel to tell you all I have gone through, so here's the long and short of it: I have been working as a double agent for Creation and delivering information from Dark to them. That is how I got on the plane. You may not remember, so much has happened, but I was sent by Dark to make sure everything went as planned on the plane. Dark thought it was by an error in Creation's system that I was able to get out, when really I had permission from Creation to leave. I actually saved some of your lives, but no use dwelling on that at the moment. After I finished that job, I was sent to retrieve a young man, Kota, from the wreckage and bring him to work for Dark. Another, a young lady, was retrieved also by my co-worker Koby. However, Devastation discovered my tricks right around that time. Concerned that the others, Koby, Kota and... Leticia involved in my conspiracy, they, well, they took them out. Luckily, I heard a shriek from one of them and was able to escape before they did the same to me. That's why those men are after us."

Again, Nile paused for a moment, seemingly listening to the sounds outside. 

"So now, here we are. Right before I was found out, I discovered that Devastation was planning the launch of robots so terrible, so huge, that neither Creation not Litenby can stop them alone. That is why I brought you all here. The only way anyone is surviving, much less escaping this cursed island is my working together, but to do that we need ideas. Litenby is run by a corrupt government, and Devastation will try and stop communication between Litenby and Creation by all means possible. So.... any ideas?" 

"Uh, run?" Raven muttered.

Nile smirked. "Any other suggestions?"

" None that comes to mind." Lisa turned her back to the group, wiped away a tear and returned to the circle.  

"Perhaps I have not made myself clear? Devastation knows we know too much. That is why they are ready and willing to release their greatest terror upon us. Don't you understand? We are all going to die. None of you are ever going to see your families again. I expected such willingness to give up from those who've been here a while. But for you all, with your memories still burnt unto your mind? Do you not remember your friends, your family?" Nile's voice filled with passion as she spoke. "Have you forgotten the warmth of your loved-ones' arms? Your sister's laugh? Are you willing to give in to the terror of this cursed land withought a fight? Perhaps you think you can do nothing, that you are powerless. But you are dead wrong. You all have the power to effect these circumstances, for better or worse. If we could just work together using each persons' strengths, we can defeat this darkness and gain the power to return home. But if we don't, Devastation will kill us, one by one, in the way
"Perhaps I have not made myself clear? Devastation knows we know too much. That is why they are ready and willing to release their greatest terror upon us. Don't you understand? We are all going to die. None of you are ever going to see your families again. I expected such willingness to give up from those who've been here a while. But for you all, with your memories still burnt unto your mind? Do you not remember your friends, your family?" Nile's voice filled with passion as she spoke. "Have you forgotten the warmth of your loved-ones' arms? Your sister's laugh? Are you willing to give in to the terror of this cursed land withought a fight? Perhaps you think you can do nothing, that you are powerless. But you are dead wrong. You all have the power to effect these circumstances, for better or worse. If we could just work together using each persons strengths, we can defeat this darkness and gain the power to return home. But if we don't, Devastation will kill us all. Will any of you fight beside me, for freedom?"

Tyler had slowly putting things together and was just managing to figure out what was going on. When Nile finished her encouraging speech he laughed. "Yes, your right, I do miss my family." His face contorted in anger. "But the only way I'd ever see them again is if I were dead" he spat. He sat quiet a moment. "I will help." he decided. "But only because I've got nothing else better to do." he finished.

" You can count me in. As long as it's not too dangerous. And it's not too" Lisa paused. " I mean, you count me in." She said quietly. 

Raven looked around at the others. They all had people who would miss them. All she had were her parents, and they'd be too busy to realize she was gone.

"I'll fight," she muttered. "Nothing to lose. More to gain, I guess."

Nile smiled, an excited spark in her eye. 

"Ok, this is what we have to do.."

On the other side of the island, another meeting was being held. Sharply dressed men sat around a huge metal table, eyes focused on one man. His slick hair and grey suit gave the illusion that he was a gentleman, yet the wild look in his eyes said differently. 

"Begin full, destruction of the island. Make sure no one survives." 

And thus ends part one of Devastation Island. Keep your eye out for part two in about two months from now. 

Thanks for playing! 

RSS

© 2021   Created by Christopher Miller.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service